Thursday, September 25, 2008

One Month in Doha and Counting..

The passion for work that keeps me pre-occupied 24/7..

The reality of learning how to discern my emotions and take charge of them..

Adapting the "mind over matter" mantra to keep myself going despite the absence of the people I consider my life, my refuge, and my wonderwall..

Intoxicating myself with alcohol at the roof that the company has provided sans the scenes and the people I could socialize with..

Managing my own laundry without Ivy who, out of goodness would include mine with hers...

Eating forcefully without Leah telling me "try mo masarap to" over and over again...

Learning to discern the sensibility of saving over my one-day-millionaire attitude...

Keeping my bitchiness at bay whenever a colleague would be assertive of his desires, making him insensitive of what other people might want...

Learning how to enjoy at the company of middle aged businessmen, dignitaries and government officials...

Learning how to run a business and not just following my passion...

Eating take-aways almost thrice a day...

Not seeing the guy who makes me smile with his ways and means...

Sometimes partying and getting drunk albeit the alarm clock being set to 7am...

Struggling not to mix business with pleasure...

And hoping that time runs faster so I could go back sleep in our bed, go gaga over Chikka and its disciples, exchange gossips with my chums, eat the whole day and be lazy, and finally have a fucking haircut and shop for winter clothes.

Dubai is all the world compared to Doha.

No comments: